Creative Sundays

|
I love Sundays! They are there to relax and do different things than during the week. Since working full time on my own business I set a rule to not actually work on any orders on Sundays but use the time to do other things. Those can be going to the beach, visiting a museum, hanging out in the park, doing projects around the house or whatever else comes up. Then there is the Sunday's farmers market just a couple blocks from me and I often try to bike over there and get some fresh produce. I did manage to get way to much fruit and veggies again.
Pounds of fresh veggies and and fruits: squash, eggplants, spinach, carrots, cucumber, zucchinis, kale, tomatoes, peaches, plumbs, grapes, bread, plus some nice sunflowers.
I can never resist when I see all those beautiful colorful veggies. I also just got a juicer 2 days ago and wanted to try out some recipes I found. The juicing should make it easier to finish all that healthy stuff up pretty fast.

Perfectly eggshaped eggplants. One of my favorite and always comes home with me. 

Yummy herbs and greens en masses.

I also use Sundays to come up with creative new ideas. I know it's technically still working but somehow those relaxing Sunday mornings always get my creative mind unleashed. It's tough for me during the week to actually explore new design. Most days I am just trying to finish up as many rings as I can and keep the ball rolling on all these various stages all orders are in. I do get new ideas during the week but can't actually try them out due to time constrains. I sometimes manage to carve something up in wax when I am carving all my other ring orders. But for more elaborate designs, that I want to model in a 3D software, I need more uninterrupted time. So today I wanted to see how an idea for a ring design would actually look. 

I started modeling it in Rhino and T-splines while sipping on my coffee and munching on my Sunday eggs.  I had a half eternity ring in mind with the stone settings only on the top half around the band and a plain shank below to be able to size the ring. A couple hours later I had wax models done for a couple variations of that design:
CNC  milled wax models

How I got there I will show in a separate post as it will get pretty long with a step-by-step description.

I did stop in between go to the market and to give the doggies a nice long Sunday morning walk. They were pretty happy too.

On the right my 40lbs Jindo girl and left my 30lbs whatever mix (per DNA test he is a Bulldog-Chow-Australian Sheppard-Chihuaha and something else I can't remember-mix). Well, he is cute so who cares. Both are rescued dogs. I get stopped often and people ask if they are Dingos. I guess they look similar. Well, they would be a miniature version of those wild dog.
And I managed to do some gardening.  So overall it was a really nice Sunday and I am recharged for another busy week.



.
Related Posts with Thumbnails