Custom Cut White Cushion Cut Lab Sapphires

|


A couple months ago I asked my supplier for lab created sapphires to cut me a few square cushion cut white ones in 2 of the most popular sizes of 5mm and 6mm. Somehow square cushion cuts seem a bit more popular for my rings than the standard rectangle cushions I usually get. Took a couple month to finally get these sparkly stones in my hand. I had a mounting laying around that fit the smaller 5mm one for a sample ring to be photographed.

They are now available in on my web site or in my Etsy shop.


 

Finished it first with my standard polished band and then took one of my texturing hammers and applied a subtle texture to the band for a more rustic look.


Ring can also be made with a semi-bezel similar to these rings. This half bezel setting has a cut out on 2 sides.




Or in a smaller 5mm stone version:



Lab created sapphires offer a great alternative to the more expensive nature made stones. I would love to offer these too with genuine white sapphires, but unfortunately it's quite hard to find good suppliers for cushion cut white sapphires. Does not seem to be a common cut for them. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails